Real Estate Development & Land Use
Accomplished & Experienced Real Estate Attorneys
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT AND LAND USE
Whether you plan to develop your land or are considering to purchase of a new parcel for future development, you need an experienced real estate attorney with a vast knowledge of land use laws and who shares your vision and can guide you through every step of the process.
With over 25 years of experience, the real estate attorneys here at LA Law Firm can assist you to acquire, maintain, develop and maximize the value of your land.
We collaborate with land use planners, engineers, architects, and others to guide a project from start to finish. We have the knowledge and experience to anticipate and address potential challenges before they can compromise a project.
We help land owners and residential and commercial developers obtain all required approvals for their projects. We also litigate land use disputes whenever necessary.
Our areas of land use law experience include:
- Conditional use permits
- Development orders
- Development agreements
- Land development codes
- Land use litigation
- Platting and subdivision law
- Site plans
- Variances and exceptions
- Zoning and land development codes
We can help you to navigate the treacherous waters of the real estate world successfully and to maximize the value of your land.
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT ATTORNEY
The development of any commercial or residential real estate project involves expenditures of significant time, money and other resources. In order to maximize the return on your investment, it is necessary to have an experienced property attorney to guide you through every stage of the development process.
With more than 25 years of experience, LA Law Firm, represents residential and commercial real estate developers across Southern California. We routinely assist our clients to plan their development projects and to avoid land use and other regulatory issues. You can also rest assured that when it is necessary to litigate or arbitrate a legal dispute, our skillful and disciplined property attorneys will be there to protect and advance your interest.
MORE THAN 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE TO HELP YOU MAXIMIZE YOUR REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT
While our firm counsels developers at every stage of their projects, our representation is frequently required for several key issues:
- Land purchases: We assist our clients in the identification and purchase of small or large parcels of land for development purposes (e.g. commercial, residential, industrial, mixed-use)
- Land use: We help our clients navigate the labyrinth of permits and other requirements to develop or redevelop land parcels.
- Construction contracts preparation and litigation: We take a proactive, big-picture approach when thoroughly drafting and reviewing the terms of construction contracts to ensure they meet the necessary requirements. We work to anticipate problems and prevent them, but are always prepared to litigate a case when a client has a claim under an existing contract.
- Mechanic’s liens: These security interests are frequently used to ensure compensation for those who perform labor or provide materials in construction projects. We can draft, review and seek enforcement of mechanic’s liens in California, or assist owners to expunge them.
- Completed project sales: We help clients sell completed development projects post-construction (including refinancing and leasing)
For the past 25 years, LA Law Firm has represented lenders, property owners, developers, general contractors and subcontractors in negotiating and drafting construction contracts. Specifically, our skillful property attorneys negotiate and prepare:
- Contracts between owner/developer and general contractor
- Contracts between general contractor and subcontractors
- Contracts between owner and subcontractors
- Contracts between owner and architect
- Contracts between owner and civil, electrical, plumbing, environmental, or structural engineers
- Contracts between owner and suppliers
SKILLFULLY NEGOTIATING AND DRAFTING CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS
We strongly recommend that you consult a knowledgeable property attorney with substantial experience in drafting construction contracts before signing any contracts. A well-drafted contract not only will ensure that your interest is fully protected, but will save you tens of thousands of dollars in attorney fees if litigation ensues. Those developers or contractors who do not employ a knowledgeable counsel to prepare their contracts or to assist them before the transaction is consummated often spend 5-10 times more in attorney fees when the other side breaches the contract, fails to perform or if there is a dispute over the contractor’s work. Some of the standard form contracts that contractors or developers routinely use do not even provide for the prevailing party to recover his attorney’s fees or costs.
At LA Law Firm, P.C., we take pride in adding value to each transaction by not only maximizing your profits but by minimizing your risk. By taking a proactive role and employing our services before entering into a construction contract, you can rest assured that we would work closely with you to ensure that your construction contract will fully protect you in the event that the other side fails to finish their work or fails to pay for the completed work, breaches contract, makes a false claim, stops making payments, interferes with your ability to finish your work, or demands payment for substandard work.
Don’t wait until it is too late. Contact us at LA Law Firm before you sign anything or start working.
CONSULT WITH A REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY | CONTACT LA LAW FIRM
To arrange a confidential consultation with a land use attorney, contact our Los Angeles real estate law office online or at 310-575-5050.